Friday, November 03, 2006

Good Things In Life


There are good things in life that are easy to overlook as not important. Gathered together, they surround one with comfort much like a the warmth of a sleeping cat on my lap.

  1. Rereading a favorite book
  2. Remembering the relief of having my teenager return home safe and sound.
  3. A pat on the back when I am feeling down.
  4. A warm fuzzy coat on a cool day.
  5. A sleeping dog having a good dream
  6. A child's giggle
  7. A friend's surprise visit.
  8. A call from my daughter and hearing my grandchild's chatter.
  9. Finding clean flannel pajamas on a cool fall evening
  10. Carrott cake with a good cup of coffee
  11. Curling up in my down chair with a dog nestled next to me.
  12. Finally having my weeds pulled and the yard looking tidy and cared for.
  13. A holiday filled with family and friends
  14. Having an incredibly productive day and feeling the satisfaction of it.
  15. Having someone lend a hand when I am overwhelmed with work.
  16. Watching the dogs swim in the river and feeling their joy.
  17. Walking around the yard late in the afternoon with my husband, looking at the wonders of where we live with the dogs dancing around us enjoying our company as they play.

Aaah, it feels good! Life can sometimes be sad when things don't go our way, but it also has joys.

My list could go on forever once I started thinking of all the small things that make up my good life. Think about what you would add. I bet, these small things are universal to us all. I'd love to hear your comments.

I was feeling a bit sad today about some things in my life when I saw a list I had torn out of magazine called "The Good List" It was little things that calm you down and lift you up. The list they had was not my list, but it started me to think. I have to say, I do feel better remembering those small unimportant things that make up a good life for me.

No comments:

We Welcome You to Our Blog!



We blog about our rural area in the Pacific Northwest . This blog is all about my life and the places where my mind wonders from day to day. Have fun reading and looking at pictures. We welcome comments.

Be sure to watch, just above this blurb, my husband, Jim, using his 10 foot hands-free electric fishing kayak

Plurk

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com
Subscribe
Enter your email address to receive notifications when there are new posts
Powered by BLOG ALERT

BlogCatalog

Blog Hints

Electric Powered Hands-Free Fishing Kayak

Be sure to check out the separate blog to find out about our electric kayak, Kingfisher 10! You can find the blog at http://electrickayakkingfisher-10.blogspot.com . You can also read the features list on this kayak and purchase building plans and building kits at www.winchuckriverstore.com .

About Me

My photo
We moved to our current home on the Wild River Coast of Southern Oregon from San Jose, CA. Our family consist of Jim and Karen, two dogs and two cats. Karen's passion is gardening. Jim's obsession is building electric powered fishing kayaks and fishing.